検索対象:     
報告書番号:
※ 半角英数字
 年 ~ 
 年

Effective separation of palladium from simulated high level radioactive waste

模擬高レベル放射性廃液中パラジウムの効率的分離に関する研究

Parajuli, D.; 広田 耕一; 瀬古 典明

Parajuli, D.; Hirota, Koichi; Seko, Noriaki

Radioactive high-level liquid waste generated during the reprocessing of spent nuclear fuel can be a rich source of a number of rare metals. Among several metals of interest, recovery of fission palladium is of particular interest for its high concentration ($$sim$$2000 ppm). Also, 83% of fission palladium is of stable isotopes and remaining 17% of radioactive $$^{107}$$Pd also possesses poor intrinsic radioactivity that is acceptable for several industrial applications. However, selective and effective separation of the desired fission-element is always a big challenge for even the highly efficient extractants in normal conditions lose their metal binding property when exposed to the radiation. Considering the rigidity of biomass-based adsorbents in harsh conditions, Japanese cedar wood powder was modified to thiamide-type adsorbent, CWP-TU, by microwave heating and tested for the adsorption of Pd(II) from nitric acid in normal and irradiation conditions. The results show that CWP-TU not only possesses distinct selectivity for Pd(II) in simulated high-level liquid waste, but also exhibits high loading capacity under irradiation environment as in normal condition.

Access

:

- Accesses

InCites™

:

パーセンタイル:21.49

分野:Chemistry, Analytical

Altmetrics

:

[CLARIVATE ANALYTICS], [WEB OF SCIENCE], [HIGHLY CITED PAPER & CUP LOGO] and [HOT PAPER & FIRE LOGO] are trademarks of Clarivate Analytics, and/or its affiliated company or companies, and used herein by permission and/or license.